Sunday, January 31, 2010

The dazed days


I have been procrastinating a great deal to get the wheel in my mind moving. It's one of those things that just needs to be done, but the act of doing it is just so tedious and nitty-gritty. It's not that it's difficult either, it's just... I am still experiencing mixed emotions and random waves of not being sure.

Someone once told me it was a big deal to just pack up your life and move, not across the border but across the sea. At that point in time, the questions posed were:
What about your family? What about my family? What about our jobs? Will we be able to make new trusting friends? Whattabout the cats*?
*we shared (my ex-partner and I) shared custody of 2 beautiful cats named Iggy and Bratwurst. Bratwurst was my first ever kitten raised to cat, and he's still alive and happy with Iggy but sans the original mama.

I never thought much about the questions because I believed that as long as we had each other, things would work out. Now that things did not go as planned (ah, life is such!) I will be making the trip solo, single, and almost penniless(!!). It will be a great way to make a new start, a new life. Albeit extreme to some, but nevertheless necessary to me.

 
Miloe, asleep with his favourite piggy toy

Miloe & Sam, afternoon nap time for the boys

Now most night and days are filled with questions on how to raise enough funds to get Miloe & Sam, my beloved bull and cocker, whom (by the way) have been wonderful companions and friends keeping me sane and helping me get through life with their silly antics. 

When life gets hard, forget life and just do what makes you happy. It'll all work out somehow, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, do leave a comment and I will respond soon, thanks!